You won't lag behind, because you'll have the speed. You'll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you'll be the best of the best.Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. Oh, the Places You'll Go! Dr. Seuss (1990)

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!! :-)

Okay, so it's almost time for bed, but better late than never!! ;-) What better than to have a day, let alone a MONTH to celebrate scrapbooking!!!


So what does scrapbooking mean to me? Well, how to begin? I thought I'd start to make some pages for my daughter after she was born......now, however, it's meaning has become a complex web of emotions in my life. I feel passion for what I do. I feel settled knowing my children will have keepsakes of their lives, my life and of the lives around us. I feel peace because as I scrapbook, I let go of the angst in my life...I have no resentments, no "baggage", no fear and no regret. I feel pride creating projects for the people in my life. I feel relief upon completion of a page.

And that's just to name but a few.

I was only able to make one page today....so I chose this picture of my grandparents. My grandmother never got to see that I had a daughter, my grandfather never had the chance to meet my twin baby boys...he died two weeks before we were to travel down to see him. It will be one year since his passing this coming Monday.

Scrapbooking has allowed me to revisit memories of moments in time in my life....and that helps my heart heal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AW Pattie what a beautiful tribute page..Love it

Sue

Kathy said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout!