You won't lag behind, because you'll have the speed. You'll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you'll be the best of the best.Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. Oh, the Places You'll Go! Dr. Seuss (1990)

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Mother


Sometimes, as I scrapbook for my mom, I wonder what it feels like for her, to know that her legacy will be passed onto a whole new generation...for her to look at me, her only babe, having FIVE babes of my own ;-) Boggles the mind, I tell you!!


I was given a kit including the colorcore cardstock and Colorflowers I Collection...usually I'm not a huge fan of patterned paper with a big print right in the middle of the page...what the heck?? No wonder I hoard ;-) Love the paper, never want to make that cut! Anyhoooooo.....figured a simple, clean design would accent the flower of the paper. LOVING the colorcore cardstock, though...and did I ever put it to the test!!! I tore it, I sanded it....I wrung it through the crimper and THEN sanded it....woo hoo!! This stuff is awesome!! Played with some BoBunny self-adhesive chipboard...and Ranger Crackle Paint (my new "happy place")....this is fun!! I like to be challenged to use only what is provided...wonder if kids will ever come that way ;-)

No comments: