You won't lag behind, because you'll have the speed. You'll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you'll be the best of the best.Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. Oh, the Places You'll Go! Dr. Seuss (1990)

Monday, July 21, 2008

Reconnected...

A day without phone, internet AND cable makes me lose my mind. Period. Not the insanity of raising kids, but the feeling of being disconnected from the outer ring of my "adult" life...from who's doing what and when...the weather (who'da thunk you could just walk outside and see?)...the news.

I am now reconnected and life is good. Apparently there was an "issue" at the company. The company doesn't have five kids. The company doesn't understand why playing Dora-babies on Treehouse.com is a GOOD thing for mommy, kids be damned. Internet = QUIET. Phone = adult conversation. Cable = "connection" to all things gloriously vegetative...a state of which I would like to have a few more minutes during the day.

This layout features a pic taken by my friend at a Christmas party...I remember the moment, not just because I had no prior "vogue" time (y'know...to fix up hair, reduce the shine?)...but because it was such a quick, blink and you miss it, kind of moment. But for that one, fleeting moment, my son and I "connected" with a bond stronger than even the best tape-runners...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AW love it!!

Sue