You won't lag behind, because you'll have the speed. You'll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you'll be the best of the best.Wherever you go, you will top all the rest. Oh, the Places You'll Go! Dr. Seuss (1990)

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Time away!

Finally this weekend I was able to get out and about and spend some quality time scrappin'!! :-) It's been far too long, and it feels GREAT to be back in the saddle again!!!



So I was out Friday night and Saturday at the Scrapbox (http://www.thescrapbox.ca/) and had a blast!! Finally picked up some new goodies (Bo Bunny "Beau Jardin" line!) to play with and FINALLY worked on the Mother's Day picture I've been waiting to scrap!



I also picked up some of the new felt from Prima...similar to the Queen & Co. "felt fusion"...but even more awesome ;-) I'm also addicted to the ColorCore cardstock..this one is "Cauldron" and I sanded it to reveal the matching teal colour of the pp. Of course, being a page just for MOI...I wanted some flowers, but they were a little too stark for my liking. So I stamped on them using the Autumn Leaves "Stampology" flourishes to match the paper :-) How friggin novel!! Also, the AC Thickers were a little stark..so I stamped on them, too!!

Anyhoooo....keep posted as I'll be posting some pics of the dahlia fold cards I'll be teaching in October shortly :-) They ROCK!!

Another nice addendum to the weekend was the number of Close To My Heart business cards I passed around...check them out if you have the chance (www.closetomyheart.com) I'll be doing a couple of Christmas card classes in the coming months!!!


No comments: